News

25 Ocak 2008

Mourning Not Ready To Quit

Heat center Alonzo Mourning said not to count him out yet. Speaking in specifics about the season-ending injuries to his right knee and leg sustained last month, he said Monday that Heat team physician Harlan Selesnick was originally concerned about his prospects of walking again. Mourning tore the patella tendon and quadriceps muscle in his right leg Dec. 19 — the fourth anniversary of his life-saving kidney transplant.

Mourning, 37, entered this season saying that this would be his last. But now he's not so sure.

"Right now, my focus is just to get healthy," Mourning said. "I haven't really thought about if I'm going to retire or not. But my focus is getting healthy, being able to run and walk, and once I overcome that hurdle I'll be prepared to let you know if I'm going to play again."

Gay picked for dunk contest: Grizzlies guard Rudy Gay was among four chosen to compete in the dunk contest at All-Star weekend. Defending champion Gerald Green of Minnesota, Toronto's Jamario Moon and Orlando's Dwight Howard round out the field for the event Feb. 16.

McGrady playing in pain: Rockets guard Tracy McGrady says he'll play the rest of the season with pain in his left knee.

"I can't rest to let it heal all the way up," he said. "It's something I'm going to have to tolerate." ... Lakers forward Trevor Ariza will be out about eight weeks because of a broken right foot. The Lakers signed center DJ Mbenga to a 10-day contract. He was cut by Golden State on Jan. 6.

kaynak : NBA